Friday, March 18, 2011

Phillies STINK!

Ok, I know I teased you guys earlier this week about my hatred for Philadelphia. Really, it's not so much a hatred for the city itself, but the stupid Philadelphia Phillies. Here are a couple of reasons why I already hated them before this week:
1) They jacked one of my favorite Astros pitchers, Roy Oswalt, last year, leaving us with no real ace, and a pretty dismal rest of the season.
2) They have basically put together the most powerful pitching rotation known to man, in the form of the aforementioned Oswalt, Cliff Lee, Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels, and Joe Blanton. If that isn't a reason to hate (and fear) them, I don't know what is.

So, last week, I was at the rodeo with my sister Kristi, and we started talking about opening day of baseball. I thought it might be fun to check out an opening day game at one of the ballparks around me (Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, Orioles, Washington D.C. - all within 5 hours of me!! HEAVEN). So, you can imagine my excitement when I saw that my beloved Astros were opening the season in none other than Philadelphia! A quick hour and a half train ride from NYC! I was super pumped!

What I neglected to think about was that when you have a superhuman pitching rotation and one of the best teams in baseball, you tend to sell out opening day games. Us Houstonians don't really think about things like that. Haha. So as I browsed StubHub and found nothing but $80 standing room only tickets, my hatred for the stupid Phillies grew even more. Why couldn't the Astros opened the season against someone sucky, like the Orioles? I bet they don't sell out any games.

So, needless to say, watching my Astros on opening day is probably out of the question. But don't fear, I will be scoping out their schedule and making sure that I go watch them as much as possible when they're in the area. I might even get beer thrown on me from some unruly fans for being that obnoxious fan cheering for the visiting team, who knows? I'll keep you posted.

By the way, I'm sure Philadelphia is a lovely place.

1 comment:

  1. Rangers opening day is sold out...just saying! If we don't make it to the World Series again though, I'm not sure that will happen again in 2012.

    ReplyDelete