Monday, March 14, 2011

And...I'm off!

Alright, time to start up this blogging thing again. Thanks to Billy Gross and Rachel Nibbe for the suggestions on the name/URL. I knew it needed to include my love for the Astros/hatred for the Yankees somehow.

Right now I am in Houston, where I've been for the past 10 days, trying to squeeze in as much time with my family (as well as Chick-Fil-A and Tex-Mex) as possible before I fly to NY TOMORROW!!!! I just checked in for my flight online which means the countdown is now in hours instead of days, weeks, months, etc. I can't believe it's finally here. Emotions (good and bad) are running high for sure.

I have about a million things to do today, so this first post is going to be short and sweet, but I can't wait to start blogging about my adventures in the big city! You will get to be along for the ride as I look for jobs, a church, and just learn about the city in general. I can't promise a smooth ride, but it should definitely be an interesting one. :-)

So follow me, tell your friends, and let's do this. Look for my next post soon on why I hate Philadelphia (and I've never even been there). Go Astros!

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it's a similar reason to why I'm not a fan of Philly: they took Cliff Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. this doesn't mean I don't want to go to a game there though...

    In contrast, I have no desire to step foot in Yankee Stadium. Because I have a soul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very curious to hear why you hate Philadelphia...

    ReplyDelete