Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Mom's Gonna Be So Proud!

I am actually working on a post about the last few days that will be up soon, but I thought in the meantime, I'd leave you with this. THIS, my friends is what I just ate... What's in that?? I HAVE NO IDEA. But I ate it. Those of you who know my extreme eating habits as well as my tendency (compulsion) to pick through my food are probably picking yourself up off the ground right now. I'll give you a minute.

Want to know something even crazier? I LIKED IT.

Let me give you the full story. This is what's called a Maoz sandwich. Sara, Andrew, and Leticia kept telling me that I had to try this restaurant called Maoz with them because it is super yummy. So tonight after church, we went. When I walked in, I realized that there is pretty much one option there, and that is the Maoz sandwich. Seriously, there's nothing else. I was ready to leave, because as you can see from the picture, it did not look like anything I would eat. But I decided (with Sara's threatening...err...guidance) that I would give it a shot. She also made me promise that I would not try to pick through it. Hey, I think I am turning over a new leaf. :-)

Anyway, all I know is that that ball of green stuff is falafel. So help me God, if any of you blog readers tries to tell me what's in that, you're dead.

I am being honest when I say that I truly liked it. And the pride of knowing that I faced my fears and tried it made it even yummier. Plus, they serve it with these INCREDIBLE sweet potato fries.

So, if you're facing a challenge this week, remember me and my Maoz sandwich and you meet that challenge head on. No time for fear, folks.

Don't worry, I am going to address the snow in my next blog, as well as my quest for Girl Scout cookies in Manhattan (Was I successful? Guess you'll have to check back and see).

No comments:

Post a Comment