Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cool Show 4 Teen Girlz

I am pretty impressed with the frequency of my blogging these days. Granted, I have no job, so I have a little extra free time. So enjoy it while you can, blogosphere...

A cool thing that I did the last time I was visiting in New York was to check out the Upright Citizen's Brigade. It's an improv comedy theater that was founded by Amy Poehler of SNL fame, and we checked out one of their shows back in August. It was hilarious. So, on Friday, Sara and I were trying to find something fun to do, and we saw that the UCB was doing something called "Cool Show 4 Teen Girlz." Basically, a fake talk show where they countdown all the most popular things for teen girls. But it's set in the 90s, which made it even better. Some topics included the game of MASH, the Babysitter's Club, Britney Spears, boy bands, etc.

Even better, was that Chris Kirkpatrick, one of the original members of *NSYNC (you probably know him as the guy with the braids), was on hand and acted in a sketch as well as playing himself in a sketch. He was actually pretty hilarious.

So, it was a fun night, and definitely a place I'll be going again. Here are a few pics from the show.

The whole cast after the show

Chris Kirkpatrick

Chris Kirkpatrick as "K-Smalls," a fitness guru trying to sell his DVD's on TV

Probably my favorite sketch of the night - "The Rules of the Baby-sitter's Club"
Ex: You MUST have different interests than your friends. If your friend is a dancer, you better put away your dancing shoes, because friends with similar interests is not a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment