Thursday, April 7, 2011

Eight Things I Love About Boston

Alright everyone, before I get going on my Boston trip, just wanted to fill you in on the job stuff.  I did have an interview yesterday,  and it went really well.  They asked me to come back next week for an all-day interview/training, so I am pretty hopeful.  The job is at a medical office.  I will fill you in some more if I actually get it.  :-)

Ok, well enough about the boring stuff.  Let's talk about one of my favorite new cities.  I traveled to Boston this past weekend to visit mine and Sara's friend Chris from back in Round Rock.   Sara, unfortunately, had to work, so she didn't get to join me. :-(  The main reason I was going (other than to see Chris, of course) was because we had gotten tickets to see Brian Regan, who is hands down one of the FUNNIEST comedians I have ever heard. And he's super clean, so you could totally take your whole family to watch him.  The show was hilarious. I highly recommend checking him out when he comes to your town.

And while, I just spent a little over 24 hours there, I definitely LOVE Boston.  I'm gonna let you know why, David Letterman style (except it was too much work to come up with 10, so I only got 8 - haha)

8. Bolt Bus - I realize this is not specific to Boston, but it is what I used to travel there.  Total round-trip was like $30, and it was super easy, clean, and fast (got me there in like 3 and a half hours).  Will definitely be using them again.

7.  Fenway Park


Chris literally lives around the corner from the ballpark.  I was pretty disappointed because the Red Sox were not in town when I was there (they were too busy getting whooped up on by the Rangers back in the great state of TX), but it was still really cool to see one of the most famous baseball parks in the country.  Can't wait to go back and catch a game soon.

6.  Emerson (and about a billion other colleges within a mile of each other)

 


















There are so many colleges (and college students!) in Boston. And their schools are NICE.  The pictures of Emerson (where Chris goes to school) don't do it justice.  I certainly don't remember buildings this nice at my alma mater.

5. Mike's Pastry

This place is famous for a reason.  We were there at like 6 something on a Saturday evening, and as evidenced by the crazy amount of people inside and the line around the door, we were not the only ones who knew how amazing they are.  I told Chris to order me whatever he thought the best cannoli on the menu was (since I had obviously never been), and this is what he came back with.


A giant, chocolate-covered cannoli...yes, please!  It was super good.  Every time I think I have found the best cannoli ever, it seems like another one comes along and takes the prize. This one is definitely on top right now.  You must check this place out if ever you're in Boston.

4.  This Turkey

Right around the corner from Chris's apartment is this Catholic Church.  We had walked past it like 5 times in the course of the day.  But when we were walking back from church on Sunday, we see this in the yard of the church.  A turkey.  What was it doing there?  No idea.  Just chilling, I guess. But I thought it was HILARIOUS.  When we walked back by later, it was nowhere to be found, but there was a giant German shepherd in its place.  Hope it didn't get eaten.  Guess we'll never know what happened to that poor little guy.

3. It is BEAUTIFUL and HISTORIC
Boston really is a gorgeous city.  The architecture is amazing, and there is so much history there.  It has a similar feel to New York at times, but it's a little less crazy (and a lot cleaner).  Here are just a few pictures I took while I was there.


 


















2. Chris is there!
Chris is one of my favorite people in the world, and I'm so proud of him.  He is going to school, involved in a team that is planting a church, and is also mentoring a group of guys in a weekly Bible study.  It was really great to see him and all that God is doing through him in Boston!

1. They hate the Yankees as much as I do!!

It was refreshing to be in a town without having to see a Yankees logo every time you turn your head.  Those Bostonians (not sure if that is the right word) really hate them some Yankees. And I love them for it. :-)

So that is my Boston trip in a nutshell. Will definitely be returning here - maybe in the summer to catch some baseball.

Oh, and speaking of the Yankees, Leticia just got us tickets to see them play the Rangers next Friday!!  I cannot WAIT to blog about my first Yankee game experience.  And you better believe I will be cheering my heart out for the Rangers. We Texans gotta stick together!

1 comment:

  1. Boston is a nice city..... I just was there for work; stayed in the clock tower downtown (Marriott Custom House) -- so much to see in that city.. Enjoy following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete