Saturday, April 9, 2011

Doughnuts and Exercise

Yes, I realize that these two don't particularly go together, but such is my life.

Let me start by saying that I really love my roommates, Sara and Leticia (in case you haven't already figured this out). **By the way, quick side note, if you have not read Sara's blog today about her client "Jerry," you must do so IMMEDIATELY.  It will have you laughing for days.**  Anyway, my roommates are awesome.  This past Monday, they were both off work, and since I am always off work (haha), they told me that they had a surprise for me.  We went into the city, and arrived at our destination, Doughnut Plant.  It is hard to describe this place, other than to say that it is AMAZING.  Basically, like a zillion different kinds of specialty doughnuts. Cool decorations, too. :-)



Anyway, we obviously had to get two doughnuts a piece.  I went for the creme brulee' and the coconut glaze.  Sara and Leticia had tres leches, carrot cake, strawberry, and something else I can't remember.  Hopefully one of them will.   *Sara just informed me that I was wrong - Leticia only got one.  She would.  Haha.*  But that is beside the point really.  They were SO delicious!  Now don't get me wrong, if I had the option of a warm Round Rock donut in front of me right now, I would probably choose it first, but these specialty doughnuts are pretty amazing.  Here I am enjoying some coconut goodness.


Lest you guys worry that I am becoming a fatty here surrounded by all this yummy food, I also joined the YMCA this week.  One just opened a few blocks from us, which is perfect, because I was fairly certain I couldn't afford the rates at some of those big gyms in the city.  However, since I have enjoyed a free membership at the Y for the past 6 years (TBCH employee perk), I still wasn't thrilled about the $43/month.  The good news is that when you are actually paying to be a part of a gym, you have a little more motivation to go.

This YMCA is super nice and, of course, everything is new.  The cardio machines have their own personal screens where you can plug in your headphones and watch TV, or plug your iPod/iPhone in and control them through the screen.  Since we have no cable, it has been nice to go get my Today Show on in the mornings.


Yes, that is my girl Jillian Michaels promoting her book to Al Roeker.

Anyway, today at the gym, I decided to turn on the Mets game. My theory is that watching any baseball is better than no baseball at all, so I watched the last several innings of their game against the Nationals.  Let me just say that I do not care for baseball on TV when J.D. and Brownie are not commentating.  Those Mets chumps are no good.  But I suffered through and even got to see a couple of former Astros do their thing for the Mets (Tim Byrdak and Taylor Buchholz).  Another plus was that I ended up working out for over an hour because I wanted to see the end of the game (Mets lost 6-2).

Looks like I will have to keep these marathon workouts going if I plan to keep eating all these doughnuts and whatnot.  Well worth it, I think. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment