Monday, May 30, 2011

More Celebrity Sightings!

Well, it's no secret that I run into a lot of celebrities.  I suppose it's just because we celebrities run in similar circles.  :-)  Haha, seriously, I think I am just super observant and I notice them more than other people.  In the last month or so, these are some of the celebrities I've seen.

John Larroquette


Most of you will remember him from his days on Night Court back in the 80's (early 90's? I don't know, too lazy to Google it right now).  He is currently starring in "How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying" on Broadway, and having just seen it on Friday, I can say that he is truly fantastic in it.  But this was from like 3 or 4 weeks ago.  Actually, it was on May 5, because I was walking to the subway after a Cinco de Mayo Mexican dinner with some friends when I saw a bunch of people crowded around the How To Succeed theater.  I actually thought I was going to see Daniel Radcliffe when I got up there, but turns out it was just John Larroquette heading home after the performance.  Haha.  Still cool though.

Anjelah Johnson


It would be hard for me to describe how much I LOVE Anjelah Johnson.  She has been my favorite comedienne ever since her Bon Qui Qui days.  If you haven't seen that or her nail salon bit, you need to click the links and watch them immediately.  FYI, they are both clean, because not only is she hilarious, she's also a Christian.  In fact, in like 2 weeks, she is marrying one of my favorite Christian artists, Manwell from Group 1 Crew. Super excited for both of them!

Anyway, we had gotten tickets to see her show at the Gotham Comedy Club last Friday.  I was closing up the office downtown, so I was rushing to meet Sara, Leticia, and Andrew before the show.  Gotham just so happens to be right next to Doughnut Plant (which you'll remember from my previous post) and they were hanging out there until I got there.  When I walked up to Doughnut Plant, Anjelah was standing right outside of it!  I was like, "Dude, I am going to watch your show in like 30 minutes!" Well, I didn't actually call her dude (I don't think).  But I did ask her if she would wait right there while I grabbed my friends from inside to get a picture with her. But they had already gone in to get our seats. :-(  Anyway, I went back outside and got this solo picture with her, and actually chatted with her for like 5-10 minutes, about everything from my move from Texas to her upcoming wedding.  She was SO genuinely nice and funny, and she even said hi to me when she was walking up to the stage later at her show.  I would HIGHLY recommend you doing whatever it takes to see her if she comes to your town.

And my final (and by far favorite) celebrity sighting of the past month, would of course be...

Ryan Gosling


About a month ago, Sara, Leticia, Andrew, and I were strolling through the East Village, heading to a movie (Water For Elephants) to kill some time between brunch and church that night.  There was like a little street fair happening (think flea market meets ghetto garage sale meets yummy Houston Rodeo food), so we decided to walk down that street and check it out.  There weren't that many people around and all of a sudden I see this guy walking toward us that looks suspiciously like RG, munching on a slice of pizza as he walked and talked with his friend.  As he got closer, I realized that it was in fact him, about the same time as Andrew did.  Andrew and I busted a U-ey, followed by a rather confused Sara and Leticia (who had not noticed that the insanely hot actor had just passed right by us), and followed him down the street.  Hey, there's no shame in our game.  We were debating whether or not to stop him and ask for a picture when two other girls stopped him, and he happily obliged.  We figured this was our moment and Andrew asked if he would take one with us.  He was super nice and asked his friend to take the picture for us.  He didn't act annoyed or inconvenienced at all, just took the picture, said it was nice to meet us, and went on about his way, eating his pizza.  I love that he was so cool.  By the way, here is the original picture if you're interested.  I cropped the one above for my own pleasure. Haha.


Funny thing - one of the previews for Water for Elephants was for his new movie, Crazy, Stupid, Love in which one of his co-stars proclaims (regarding his abs), "It's like they're photo-shopped!"  Not sure about the abs, but he is really, really, ridiculous good-looking, both on-screen and off.

So that's all the celebrity business for now.  I did want to take a minute to answer my sweet friend (and new mommy!!) Rebecca's questions from the comments of my earlier post.
--
So was he hot? (in reference to the aforementioned maintenance guy)
Haha, I don't actually know because when I went in there, he was behind this big cabinet and it would have been awkward to try and get a good look.  Maybe next time...


I know you have had a lot of celeb run ins but is there anyone in particular we are on the look out for? 
That is actually a really good question that I have been thinking about lately.  There are definitely some celebs I want to see, and even find myself looking for specifically when I am in certain parts of town.  To name a few...Daniel Radcliffe (I have seen him, but on stage doesn't count), Kelly Ripa, Anderson Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, Jimmy Fallon, and/or any of the cast of SNL


Do you miss having your car? You says its not much of an adjustment but I wonder if you ever walk out your front door thinking that you're just going to hop in your car and suprise no car! 
This really does happen!  There are some days when I miss having a car SO much. Like this weekend - construction on the L train meant that my usual 35-45ish minute commute into the city became more like an hour and a half.  But then I think about the logistics of having a car here (driving in this crazy NY traffic, cost of parking - if you can even find it!, and gas prices) and I am kind of glad to not have to deal with it.  But some days I miss it a lot.
--
Last, but not least, a few random pictures from the last few weeks.


Doesn't that look appetizing? This was in one of those big Italian markets.  Gross.
Springtime in New York! Saw this on the way to the subway.

Thought this was cool.  The flags that are usually from all different countries in Rockefeller Center were all US flags in honor of Memorial Day

As promised, the view from our Financial District office. Yes, that is the Statue of Liberty off in the distance there.  Beautiful!

 Alright, well this has been quite the day of blogging.  It's nice to have a holiday. :-)  So very thankful for those who have given their lives for my freedom.  Enjoy your Memorial Day, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you haven't fallen off the planet or even worse been converted to a Yankee fan! :) Also glad to hear that you are enjoying your job and that you are transitioning to life in the big city without too much difficulty.

    ReplyDelete