Friday, May 27, 2011

Touching Base

Hey guys.  I know, I suck.  I think my problem is that I want to write these cool blogs with pictures and the whole deal, and so I am never satisfied enough to actually finish them and post them.  But then I just end up with no new blogs and a bunch of disappointed fans.  Haha.  I like referring to you guys as my fans, it makes me feel like a celebrity. :-)

Anyway, I am on my lunch break at work right now, so I don't have a lot of time, or any pictures or anything cool like that, but I can give you a rundown of what my life has looked like this past month. So here goes...

I feel like I was made to live in New York.  I really love it here.  The transition, surprisingly, has not been nearly as hard as I thought it would be.  In fact, I think it has been pretty seamless.  Those of you who are friends with me on Facebook (which I am much better at updating, so add me here if you haven't already!!) know that I have been getting to do a lot of cool things (and meet a lot of cool people!).  My celebrity run-ins have been many, as I sure you would've expected, and I am trying to take in all New York has to offer me in the way of culture.

The biggest change since I last posted is that I started my job!  Today is the end of my fourth week here, and even I am surprised at how much I love it.  I am working for One Medical Group, which is a pretty amazing company that I believe is changing the face of health care.  If you are in San Francisco or New York, you should definitely consider us for your primary care.  But business aside, what I love about OMG (oh yeah, that is our acronym) is the people.  I was so worried leaving the children's home, because I loved working there so much.  It was hard to imagine anything even comparing to the relationships I made there. But I have been pleasantly surprised over these 4 weeks.  Everyone here is amazing.  I felt right at home from the first day on the job.  People have gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and teach me how to do my job.  I still have a lot to learn, but having great people around me makes that seem a little less daunting.  I am working out of all 3 of our offices, 2 in Midtown and 1 in the financial district.  In my next blog, I'll post a picture of the view from our financial district office.  We are on the 45th floor and have a SPECTACULAR view of Lady Liberty herself.  That's where I am now.  I can't believe I get to look at that all day.

In other news, I am pretty excited about a couple of things... 

Rachel is here again (she had to work in Jersey this week) and she stood in the rush line this morning and got us tickets to How To Succeed in Business Without Really Trying for tonight.  I have been wanting to see this show for forever...it stars Daniel Radcliffe (of Harry Potter fame) and it's got some really good reviews.  I'm really pumped about that. 

But even more pumped that I get to see my mom and dad in exactly FIVE days!!!  They fly in on Wednesday and they will be here for 6 days.  I can't WAIT to see them.  Plus, we have 9th row seats to see Memphis, which is the other show I have been dying to see!!!  It's gonna be a good week, folks. :-)

I haven't been able to make it to any more baseball games since I saw the Rangers and Astros play the Yankees and Mets, respectively, but I'm really looking forward to seeing some more games here in New York, and also maybe hitting up some games in Philly or DC soon.  The Astros are not giving me too much to be excited about these days, but let's not forget that things looked about this grim in 2005 at this point in the season, so don't EVER count us out.  I'm kind of pumped about our new owner, even though I have mad respect for Drayton, and I'm hopeful we are headed in a good direction with the management.  It'll be an adventure, regardless.  Haha, isn't it always for us Astros fans?

Alright, my lunch break is wrapping up, and I hear from my co-worker Danielle that there is a super-hot maintenance man in the other room, so I'll probably head out and go check that out before I get back to work. Haha.

Show me some love in the comments and of course any questions or suggestions on what I should blog about.  Promise to post some pictures soon.  Happy long weekend, everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. So was he hot? I know you have had a lot of celeb run ins but is there anyone in particular we are on the look out for? Do you miss having your car? You says its not much of an adjustment but I wonder if you ever walk out your front door thinking that you're just going to hop in your car and suprise no car! Thats what I have for now, but I'll be thinking of something good for you to blog about!!

    ReplyDelete